Wednesday 26 August 2009

Don't you just hate it...

...when people don't think your good enough for there group when your doing an instance you have never done before, even though you will probably do more dps then everyone in the group?

Granted you will need to know what your doing when it comes to bosses but then what's wrong with people who have done it before just letting the people who haven't done it before, how to do it. It dosnt need to be every detail you must do in order to win. Just little things like

"when the boss starts to cast "death to all" run away"

I say this because I got into a group to do the daily hc, and decided it was best to let them know that this was the fist time I had done the instance. This turned out to be the wrong move...

I was immediately kicked from the group and a whisper saying "we need people who know what there doing in this instance as it's quite a hard one"... Now I'm sorry but at the level my toon is there is no such thing as a hard instance, only a bad group. Wow heroes says I should be doing Naxx 25 and OS 25. Doing 3800 dps is good in my eyes... Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

To make it even more funny, after a little bit of being gobsmaked I put my toon on the " looking for group" channel and was invited almost instantly to another group. I decided this time to keep my mouth closed about not doing it before and we started the instance. Within 20 min's we had completed the instance with no group wiped... In fact we had no deaths at all..! And was probably one of the easiest instances I have done. Probably a little harder then upgard keep but not by much, and low and behold I had the most dps with 3200 (give or take)

sorry if this sounds like a rant. I'm sure we have all been there. All I'm saying is next time you invite someone who hasn't done it before, give them a chance. What's the saying "never judge a book by it's cover"

1 comment:

  1. I was in a group with the guild, earlier. We pugged a druid healer who turned out to be quite competant. He said he wasn't good enough to do ToC in heroic, but we convinced him to give it a try. The tank had to leave, so we pugged a tank, too. Everyone was worried at this point, and convinced that we're all going to die.

    Naturally, we killed everything in there without a problem and there was much rejoicing. Give people a damn chance!

    I saw someone in Trade recruiting for a heroic run, requiring 3000 DPS and demanding to see achievements. There's no other way to look at it apart from 'some people are imbeciles!'

    Separate but related note: My DPS makes no sense at the moment, I had to tell the tank earlier that, depending on the boss, what time of day it is and whether there's a full moon I do 1900 DPS on some bosses, and crossed 4000 on Cyanigosa the other day. My spec, pet, shot rotation hasn't changed. Wha?!

    ReplyDelete